In the U.K. we have a growing childcare crisis, in particular for after school care.
With more mothers returning to work, and often not the standard '9 to 5', demand for after school childcare is soaring.
Here at Koru Kids, we’re on a mission to fix that by recruiting and training amazing nannies to help with after school care.
And who better to help than older adults, many of whom have first-hand experience of what it takes to bring up children or grandchildren.
Our best after school nannies have the following key qualities:
- Good judgment – being reliable and responsible
- Supportive – being warm, proactive and flexible
- Great communicator – being polite, with well-spoken and good written English
- Bright – being switched on, fun and friendly
Many older adults will have these qualities in abundance and can make a real positive impact on the lives of local working parents and their children.
Being an after school nanny can be a great job for older adults too:
- It’s rewarding: Play a key role helping a working family
- It’s local: We’ll only match you with local families
- It fits around you: Keep your mornings & evenings free
But don't just take our word for it:
"I'm newly retired and here is a job that I'm qualified to do and that I could enjoy. The hours suit me too! I had worked in a primary school and had spent the last four years caring for my grandsons. Koru Kids arranged introductions to families and I start work with a lovely family next week"Grandmother of two
"You found me a lovely nanny. I'm happy, my children are happy. Life is better."Koru Kids family
Koru Kids is looking for older adults to become after school nannies. Click the link below to learn more.