How much does an after school nanny cost?
You’ll also pay a one-off set up fee per match of £89.
Families need different things from their nanny. Maybe you want someone fun and active, or a super smart student, or someone with years of professional experience. Our pricing reflects this. Most of our nannies in London cost £15 per hour and they all have great childcare experience, but the higher rates allow us to attract even more experienced nannies and pay them more. Find out more about where your money goes here
We’ve kept it simple because childcare is complex enough and we want everything we do to make parents’ lives easier.
This cost covers your nanny’s pay, the costs associated with you being an employer (e.g. taxes) and our services.
Can I use childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare?
- Unfortunately, neither tax-free childcare nor childcare vouchers can be used with this service as our nannies are not Ofsted registered
- Because our nannies are not full-time, the cost of preparing and registering them with Ofsted usually outweighs the savings you would make from paying via childcare vouchers and tax-free childcare
How does payment work? Do I pay the nanny or Koru Kids?
Your nanny is able to submit hours as often as they like, and you’ll be sent these for review every Saturday. You will be notified by email (or by notifications on the Koru Kids App). You’ll then have up to the 28th of the month to review and approve/adjust the nanny’s hours (we recommend doing this regularly). You will receive an invoice estimate around this time too.
We’ll then send you a final invoice (for your records) on the first day of the month. If the total is less than the minimum hours, we’ll round up your invoice. The payment itself will be taken automatically by direct debit on the 7th of the month (7 days after your invoice).
We ask all of our families to pay for their childcare with a Direct Debit. Why?
- It’s easier for you: no more forgetting to pay or annoying bank transfers
- You stay in control: you’ll get your invoice 7 days before being charged, so you’ll always have time to tell us if the amount isn’t right
- You’re protected: all payments are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee meaning your bank will refund you in the unlikely event something goes wrong
- It ensures your nanny gets paid on time: our nannies rely on your payment for income and using Direct Debit ensures they get paid on time
Where the nanny’s start date is more than two weeks in advance we will ask for a Reservation Deposit to secure the nanny. Find out more here.