We’ve won funding to help young people get a head start in a career they love.
We’re really excited about this as we know it has been really tough in the last year for young people to find jobs. We’ve placed 100s of people like you in nanny roles during the pandemic, and can’t wait to do more with our new traineeships.
We're working with the Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) to provide this opportunity.
By doing a paid nanny traineeship (~2 months) with Koru Kids you’ll get:
- A qualification for your CV – Level 2 in Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health
- Free nanny and job skills training
- Extra 1-1 support with our team
- Free DBS & First Aid training
- Local work with kids that’s rewarding and fun
- Opportunity to stay in a permanent role with a family
How does the process work?
- First, you'll have a chat with the Koru Kids team to make sure you are eligible for the traineeship, and answer any questions that you have.
- Next, you'll do an initial assessment in Maths, English and Essential Digital Skills. A link will be sent to you via email for you to complete within 48 hours. These shouldn't take long, but Koru Kids will pay you for your time (up to 2 hours).
- Once completed, there will be an induction meeting with WAES to complete some paperwork and kick off your traineeship!
- If you still need to complete our application process, you'll continue to do this.
- Once you are ready to find a family, the Koru Kids team work hard to organise your placement with a family starting as soon as possible.
- At the same time, you'll start studying for your qualification Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health.
- Your paid nanny placement will last a minimum of 72 hours (about 6-8 weeks depending on the hours the family needs), and you'll keep a journal. You'll also have monthly check-ins with Koru Kids and WAES, as well as completing a workbook about your whole experience.
- Once your placement hours are complete, you'll hopefully continue in your role as a Koru Kids after school nanny for the family.