"I'm newly retired and here is a job that I'm qualified to do and that I could enjoy. The hours suit me too! I had worked in a primary school and had spent the last four years caring for my grandsons. Koru Kids arranged introductions to families and I start work with a lovely family next week." Grandmother of two
- So far Koru Kids have helped over 1000 families with their childcare
- We've also trained over 2500 fantastic nannies
- Read their happy testimonials here
What we're looking for
We want older workers who have experience raising their own children or grandchildren. The role is perfect if you're retired, semi-retired or just have time to spare. We welcome applications from people aged 50 and over. Even better if you have experience working in a school or nursery, but not required.
About the role
We have roles available across London, and we'll match you with a local family – usually within 15 minutes travel time. You'll collect the children from school, help them with homework, give them food and do activities with them until their parents get home.
The role is part-time, usually 3-5 afternoons and typically 9-15 hours a week. There may be potential for extra hours such as evening babysitting or morning drop-offs.
You’ll get £9 per hour.
Why you should apply
- It's rewarding: you'll play a really important part in helping a local working family, and you’ll form close bonds with children
- It's local: we'll only match you with local families
- It fits around your life: keep your mornings, evenings and weekends free
How we support you
You’ll receive training before you start, including our two hour 'nanny bootcamp', plus a paediatric First Aid course. We'll also pay for and process an enhanced DBS check for you if you don't already have one.
Please feel free to give one of our team a call on 0208 050 5678 if you have any questions.