“I’m newly retired and here is a job that I’m qualified to do and that I could enjoy. The hours suit me too! I had worked in a primary school and had spent the last four years caring for my grandsons. Koru Kids arranged introductions to families and I start work with a lovely family next week.”
Koru Kids nanny, and Grandmother of two
- So far Koru Kids have helped over 1000 families with their childcare
- We’ve also trained over 2500 fantastic nannies
- Read their happy testimonials here
What we’re looking for
We want older workers who have experience raising their own children or grandchildren. The role is perfect if you’re retired, semi-retired or just have time to spare. We welcome applications from people of all ages (over 18). Even better if you have experience working in a school or nursery, but not required.
About the role
We have roles available across London and some parts of the UK, and we’ll help you to match with a local family – usually within 15 minutes travel time. You’ll usually collect the children from school, help them with homework, give them food and do activities with them until their parents get home.
The role is part-time, usually 3-5 afternoons and typically 9-15 hours a week. There may be potential for extra hours such as evening babysitting or morning drop-offs.
You’ll get paid £10.25-£13.95 per hour, based on experience and location.
Why you should apply
- It’s rewarding: you’ll play a really important part in helping a local working family, and you’ll form close bonds with children
- It’s local: we’ll help you to with local families
- It fits around your life: keep your mornings, evenings and weekends free
How we support you
You’ll receive training before you start, plus a paediatric First Aid course. We’ll also pay for and process an enhanced DBS check for you if you don’t already have one.