Become an after school nanny and you can nurture the children of a family in your local area and help solve London's childcare shortage
Work that fits your life
With families across London looking for help we can match you with someone close to home needing hours that suit you
Top up your income
We pay £9.20 p/h (if you're over 25) so helping a local family for a few hours a week is a great way to earn some extra income
Help the entire family
Having a great solution to after school childcare not only helps the children develop, but lowers the stress working parents face
Local families are looking for help
Thousands of London families are looking for local people from the community to help look after their children after school. Collecting the kids from school around 3pm, you'll take them back to their house to play with them and help with homework until the parents can make it home from work.
We have built a free online training course to learn about how being a Koru Kids nanny works, and we offer a free first-aid session too
Join a real community
Not only will you be helping the family you work with, but you'll also be joining our community of over 4,000 after school nannies we've trained
A genuinely fun job
Being an after school nanny isn't child's play, but it might be the closest thing to it. Nothing beats playing games, singing, dancing, and having fun with kids!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will I work? You'll pick up the kids from school and take them back to their family's house.
- Can I bring my kids? Unfortunately we don't have roles where you can bring your children with you.
- Do I change hours each week? No, once you're matched with a family who need the same days and hours as you, you'll work the same arrangement each week.
- Does this job affect benefits? Our roles are less than 15 hours per week and so do not usually affect any benefits you receive. Please check with the relevant authority to confirm your specific circumstances.
How to get a job with Koru Kids
- Fill in our simple application form, it only takes 3 minutes
- You'll be sent a link to our online training course, this normally take about 90 minutes to complete
- We'll do some background checks, whilst you build a profile on our platform
- We'll introduce you to local families, and you'll meet up to get to know the children and parents