We always try to improve our service so these Terms & Conditions might change from time to time. We will always inform you in advance to give you the opportunity to review the new terms and opt out if you wish to.
Our Early Years Nanny service
With this service, we help families to find nannies to care for children under 4 year olds.
Find the perfect Nanny
- Nannies’ profiles: We will share profiles of relevant nannies in your area that you could choose from, interview and trial (optional). You need to share with us all relevant information so we can make sure we find the best nanny for your Family.
- Nanny checks: To make sure we have the best nannies we perform some checks including: interviews, references, enhanced DBS check, childcare experience and right to work in the UK. We cannot guarantee that information provided by the nannies and their references are true and accurate so we encourage the family to check their nanny’s details, documentation and personnel references again before starting to work together.
- Nanny trial: To make sure the nanny you have selected is the perfect fit for your family, you can trial our nannies before deciding to employ them. All hours worked by a nanny during a trial are paid by the Family and cannot be refunded.
The contractual stuff
- Nanny Agreement: Once you have found your perfect nanny, you need to sign a Nanny Agreement. The Nanny can only start working with you once the Nanny Agreement is signed by both parties. We provide a template and can help negotiate the terms of your future nanny’s contract. This employment agreement is between you and the nanny only. We are not a party to this agreement.
- Report nanny’s variation to contracted hours: The monthly salary based on the hourly rate provided in the Nanny Agreement will be charged each month. It is the Family responsibility to inform us if there is any variation to the hours worked by the nanny that might affect their pay (i.e. sick day, overtime).
Get ready for your nanny to work
- Risk assessment: You need to make sure your nanny works in good and safe conditions. You have to complete a risk assessment and notify your nanny of any potential risks before they start working for you.
- Insurance: As the Employer of a nanny, you need to have adequate Employer’s Liability Insurance for the duration of the nanny’s employment. Make sure that you are covered for a minimum of £5 million per year as required by law.
The good news is that most ‘home contents’ policies will already include this, so you should check with your existing policy first since you’re probably already covered. The only provider we know that doesn’t include employer’s liability is the Co-op.
If it turns out you don’t have employer’s insurance, then you can purchase it from around £100. Morton Michel is a reputable supplier of insurance who specialise in childcare related insurance. Kindly note, we do not have a referral relationship with Morton Michel, and other providers are available!
- Matching fee: You will need to pay our ‘matching fee’ each time a ‘Nanny Agreement’ is concluded between you and a nanny. The matching fee is non-refundable. The matching fee is £1,500 (inc VAT).
We reserve the right to issue a £1,500 fine for any families hiring the nanny that we introduced to them without having paid the matching fee.
The matching fee might cover the following services: preparation of bespoke contract, registration with HMRC and PAYE scheme, provision of monthly payslip for nannies, payment of quarterly tax and National insurance contribution on behalf of the Family, electronic filing of a Full Payment Submission, processing P45, P60 and P11d when required, administration of statutory sick pay, storage of payroll record, set-up a workplace pension scheme on behalf of the family when required.
Matching fee for ‘short term Nanny Agreement’: A Nanny Agreement will be deemed to be ‘short-term’ if it is concluded for a fixed period and the employment length is for up to 3 months.
- If for any reason you or the nanny terminates the Nanny Agreement within 2 weeks of the Nanny Agreement being concluded, you will not have to repay another matching fee when your next Nanny Agreement is concluded.
- If for any reason you or the nanny terminates the Nanny Agreement after 2 weeks of the Nanny Agreement being concluded, you will need to pay a new matching fee if you conclude a Nanny Agreement with another nanny.
Matching fee for ‘long term Nanny Agreement’: A Nanny Agreement will be deemed to be ‘long-term’ if it has no set end date, or the period of employment will exceed 3 months.
- If for any reason you or the nanny terminates the Nanny Agreement within 2 months of the Nanny Agreement being concluded, you will not have to repay another matching fee when your next Nanny Agreement is concluded.
- If for any reason you or the nanny terminates the Nanny Agreement after 2 months of the Nanny Agreement being concluded, you will need to pay a new matching fee if you conclude a Nanny Agreement with another nanny.
Koru Kids Payroll
- Using Koru Kids payroll services is optional. If you do use it, you should provide the Payroll Team with all the information they need. We cannot be held liable for any costs or other losses arising if the payroll is late if the Family has not submitted its information on time.
- If you decide not to use Koru Kids Payroll’s services, you will be solely responsible for paying any nanny salary due and applicable employment contributions.
- Payroll month: Payroll will be based on the calendar month. Invoices will be sent on or before the last working day of the month. Adjustments to the pay (i.e. overtime, sick days) will be paid one month in arrears.
- Family’s responsibility: We are not obliged to make any payment due from you before we have received your payment. Let us know as soon as possible or within 48 hours if there is an issue with your invoice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nanny Salary: You need to pay the Nanny net salary directly to the nanny via bank transfer or using Tax-Free childcare if relevant. You will need to obtain the Bank Account details directly from your nanny.
- Taxes: We will collect the tax, National Insurance and pension owed via Direct Debit. Payment will be processed 3 working days after the 25th of each month. You have to set up a Direct Debit mandate with us as soon as you conclude a Nanny Agreement. You need to ensure that there are sufficient funds in your account so you can pay your invoice on time.
- Nanny’s Expenses: Expenses will have to be agreed and paid directly between the Family and the nanny.
- Sanctions: We reserve the right to charge a 2% interest (per month) on any overdue Koru Kids Service Fee or other sums payable to us from the due date until the date of payment.