About Koru Kids
Koru Kids is building the world’s best childcare service, starting in London. We’re making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare. We’re growing like crazy, are backed by fantastic investors, including top venture capitalists and business angels, and have won a bunch of awards.
About the team
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
About the role
We are growing really fast and we need someone to come and join our customer support team. You’ll be on the frontline for our customers, playing a big part in ensuring a positive experience for our ever expanding network of families and nannies. Most of your day will be spent communicating with parents and nannies, over the phone and by email. You’ll onboard new customers to the service, understanding their requirements and answering their questions. You’ll be there to support and advise our existing customers too. Sometimes you might have to handle complaints, but you’ll always do this in a calm, friendly and professional manner.
Your working hours can be part-time or full-time, but you should be able to work at least two days a week. You’ll be working with us in our office near Old Street. You’ll get all the training and support you need to do the job really well. You’ll be a crucial part of the team, and have our trust that you can do a great job!
The role pays £9.00 per hour.
You’ll ideally have previous experience within a customer service role, but this isn’t essential. More importantly you’re friendly, switched on and a great communicator – you’re a people-person! We don’t mind what degree you’re doing, as long as you’re doing well in it. We’ll also be looking for evidence of drive, aspiration, spark and enthusiasm in the extracurricular stuff you’ve done. You must be eligible to work full time in the UK.
- You love speaking to new people. You’re warm, friendly and personable.
- You’re able to write clearly and accurately, with perfect spelling and grammar. You’re able to communicate in a way that’s in line with our brand and tone.
- You’re emotionally intelligent. Although you’ll like to talk, the most important thing you’ll do is listen. Choosing childcare is an emotional decision, and you’ll need to help parents through the process.
- You work well under pressure and show good judgement. You can handle challenging situations.
- You’re focussed and work at a fast pace. You can manage your own time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- You’re detail-oriented. You’re able to input and update data accurately.
- You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments. You are comfortable with a degree of chaos.
- You’re nice. You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other, whilst improving childcare in London.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, then please send your CV and a short cover note (that includes details of your availability for the role), to firstname.lastname@example.org