How much does an after school nanny cost?
The after school service costs £12 per hour per family (not per child) and nothing more!
There are no registration fees, finders’ fees, or any other hidden fees.
This cost covers your nanny’s pay plus:
Can I use childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare?
- Unfortunately, neither tax-free childcare nor childcare vouchers can be used with this service as our students are not Ofsted registered.
- Because our nannies are students and not professional nannies the cost of getting them Ofsted registered usually outweighs the savings you would make from paying via childcare vouchers and tax-free childcare
How does payment work? Do I pay the nanny or Koru Kids?
- The payment is made monthly to Koru Kids using our direct debit payment service GoCardless
- The nanny keeps a record of the hours they have worked (including any babysitting or holiday care) and tells us at the end of month
- We check these back with you and you are direct debited between 12th-15th of the following month
Do I have to pay the nanny all year around?
No, you can just employ the nanny for the weeks that you need (e.g. term time).
Is there a minimum or maximum number of hours per week the students can do?
We do ask that parents offer a minimum of 9 hours per week (e.g. 3 afternoons) during term time, to ensure enough hours for the students.
There’s no maximum. Students’ schedules differ—some can do all five afternoons each week, others less.