We hope you find all the information you need about our after school service below. If you don't, just get in touch at email@example.com.
Finding you an after school nanny
Matching you with a top after school nanny
- We’ll search through all our nannies to find someone in your area (looking usually within a 30 minute travel time) to identify students who are available on the days and times you need
- We’ll then narrow down a shortlist based on the requirements you’ve shared with us e.g. a French speaker
- Within one working day we'll send you details of the potential matches
- You can then select the nannies you’d like to meet and we’ll contact them to double check that they are happy to meet you
- If both parties are happy to go ahead, we’ll introduce you to the nannies so that you can arrange a time and place to meet for an interview
- You are welcome to meet with multiple candidates before deciding to go ahead. You can meet the nanny multiple times or organise a trial (note: trials over two hours are paid for) to make sure they’re the right fit for your family
- If you decide you’d like to hire one of our after school nannies, Koru Kids then guides you through the next steps, including setting up contracts and payroll as well as ongoing support for the family and nanny
How long will it take to find me a nanny?
We hate to say it but… it depends. If we do have a match for you, the process can move really quickly with many of our after school arrangements meeting up within 7 days and coming to a decision shortly after.
Unfortunately, we can't guarantee we'll have a match for you. We'll let you know within one working day if this is the case and we’ll contact you as soon as a new nanny that matches your requirements becomes available in your area.
Is there a minimum or maximum number of hours per week the students can do?
We do ask that parents offer a minimum of 9 hours per week (e.g. 3 afternoons) during term time, to ensure enough hours for the students.
There’s no maximum. Students’ schedules differ — some can do all five afternoons each week, others less.
After school nanny shares
If you know another parent at the school and you want to share a nanny we can help set that up. You’ll also save money – our nanny shares cost £9 per hour per family. Plus the nanny will get a payrise so it’s a win-win.
Why do university students make great after school nannies?
Our nannies are university students, studying in London for a wide range of degrees. Many professional nannies want to work full time hours which means finding and keeping an after school nanny can be a real challenge. Parents told us they wanted a nanny who was able to work part time, was responsible, could help with homework and most of all have fun with the kids. That’s why we decided to recruit students!
Are the nannies DBS checked and first aid trained?
Once you’ve met the nanny you would like to hire, we will process an enhanced DBS check which usually takes 1-2 weeks to complete. We will also invite your nanny to attend our Paediatric First Aid course. The cost of these
How does your pricing work?
The service costs £13 per hour. There are no registration fees, finders’ fees, or any other hidden fees.
This cost covers your nanny’s pay plus taxes and our service, which includes, recruiting, vetting and training the nanny, payroll, managing payments, contracts and ongoing support.
More frequently asked questions
How does the employment contract work?
- As the legal employer of the nanny, the contract exists between you and them.
- Koru Kids will write the contract for you so you don’t need to worry.
- The contract includes notice periods. We recommend a notice period of 2 weeks for the first 12 weeks, and 4 weeks after that. However, this is free to be amended on agreement between you and the nanny.
What happens if my nanny leaves?
- Like all employment situations this is always a risk. As part of our vetting process we ask all of our nannies to verbally commit to working until the end of the academic year.
- If your nanny does end the contract early or the nanny's university timetable changes and they can no longer work the contracted hours we will rocket you to the top of our priority list and will try to find you a replacement as soon as we can.
Are the nannies available in holidays?
If you need your nanny during school holidays and inset days, they’re very often available for full days as well. We have an active online community where the nannies swap tips for crafts, cooking, outdoor activities and trips, so they’re always armed with new ideas.
If your usual Koru Kids nanny can't cover all the hours you need, we can introduce you to another student who can help 'tag-team'.
Some of our nannies are also available in holiday care only for full days or wrap around care for holiday programmes. Just get in touch to find out more.